My new site migration is complete, and to celebrate opening http://wearinghistory.clothing I have a very exciting announcement!
The first EVER Wearing History Photo Contest!
This is an excuse for you to show off your fantastic outfits and styling abilities. And it’s open to both SEWISTS AND READY TO WEAR CLOTHING customers!
I want to see your style and skills! PLUS I’ve got pretty awesome prizes. You can pick from sewing patterns or clothing on the new Wearing History website!
So are you ready to go? It’s easy to enter as many times as you like. Here’s how:
Just hop on over to Wearing History’s new site and leave a photo review for a pattern you sewed from Wearing History Patterns or a garment you bought from Wearing History Clothing. The photo review will be used on the site and the photo will be posted to the Wearing History Facebook page. Please add a text review as well so we can know more about what you’re wearing and what inspired you.
- The photo entry must be of an item you made from a Wearing History Pattern OR you wearing an item you bought from Wearing History Clothing.
- You must have all rights to the photo. If it was taken by a photographer, you must ask permission of the photographer before entering and give credit in your entry (i.e. Photo used with permission of XYZ photography). Really ASK! If you don’t get permission from the photographer, your entry may be disqualified.
- One photo entry is allowed per individual garment or pattern. For example- if you made a dress from a pattern, but have 3 photos of that dress, you can only enter 1 photo. A photo collage in one photo counts as one entry.
- You can enter as many times as you want , but only once per pattern or article of clothing. Entries must all be for different articles of clothing or patterns. Additional photos per individual item will not count in this contest.
- If you wear, for example, a blouse and a pair of pants and both were from Wearing History, you cannot enter the same photo for both the blouse AND pants. But you can enter two different photos of the same outfit so you can enter one for the blouse and one for the pants.
- By entering the contest you consent to have your photo added on the Wearing History website and the Wearing History Facebook page. Your photo may also be used elsewhere to promote Wearing History. It’s your chance to be a model and show your skills!
- It is permissiable to use a model(or friend, or family member) for an article of clothing you sewed, providing that the model and any parties who were involved in the photo are credited by you in your entry, and all parties involved have given permission for your photo to be used in this contest and by Wearing History at a future date.
- You do not need to buy new patterns or clothing to enter (though you can if you’d like to!). Feel free to use patterns in your stash you bought from Wearing History previously, or use your Wearing History Clothing that’s already in your closet!
- Your entries do not need to be current “makes” or current photos. You can have made it in the past, but the entry must be for one of the currently available offerings from Wearing History (not discontinued patterns or clothing).
- Please make sure your photos are rated PG. This isn’t a Pin Up contest and these should be family friendly photos.
- Cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Award amounts have no cash value and the award amount must be used in one transaction. Any award amount not used in the transaction will be void for future purchases.
- Award amount expires April 4, 2016.
- By submitting your photo you consent to these rules and regulations.
To make the contest fair, the judging will happen on two levels.
- A pre-selected panel of secret judges. These judges are personally selected by me and their votes will be confidential. The judges will vote their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd favorites in 3 different categories. The 3 categories are Visual Composition, Creativity, and Styling. This is a PHOTO CONTEST, so we’re not judging your skill of sewing at all in this contest. The totals will be tallied for these three categories and placed for this voting method.
- Photo voting on Facebook. Your photo will be uploaded to an album on the Wearing History page and the total amount of “likes” a photo gets will determine the placing for this voting method. “Shares” do not count for votes, but can share to help get the word out. The Facebook album goes up after April 4, 2015 (the close of submission date), so all photo entries have a fair chance and are up for the same amount of time.
When the winners of these two different voting methods are combined, it will determine the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners. Each of the two voting have equal importance in determining the final winners. Your combined score is what counts!
You May Submit Your Photos Until April 4, 2015.
You, of course, may continue to submit photos reviews after that date, but they will not count as contest entries.
The Facebook album of all submitted photos will go up after the end of the deadline, so everyone has a fair chance at the second part of the voting process. Facebook voting will last for two weeks from when the album goes up for voting. Then the totals of both entries will be tallied, and we’ll announce a winner a week after the end of the voting.
Can’t wait to see what you enter!