I’m a bit late with my review this year. I suppose I was hoping I’d finish more unfinished projects! Here’s a round up of what I made this year:
1910s Princess Slip.
I played with tatting (and never really made anything with it)
I made a polka dot dress, then quickly sold it at Dapper Day, as it didn’t quite suit me.
I made my husband a Regency shirt with tons on hand stitching.
I made a sample for the Elsie Blouse pattern.
I made TWO Regency shifts. One at the beginning of the year, one at the end of the year.
I made the pattern sample for the Air Raid Suit pattern.
I made a pattern sample for the 1940’s Bathing Suit pattern.
I made a London themed 1950’s shirt.
I made a zippered bag with a church group.
I made 1940’s shorts from a vintage pattern.
I made an 18th century polonaise outfit.
My husband and I made an 18th century ensemble for him.
I made a 19-teens Egypt-o-mania blouse.
I made two samples for the 1910s Camisole Pattern.
I made a gala gown for Costume College.
I made a 1920’s Cruise Dress.
I made a knit dress I wore to New York.
I made two pattern samples for the 1940’s Crop Tops pattern.
I made a little 1950’s jacket from a vintage pattern and made up felt embellishments.
I played with cleaning, carding, and making yarn from raw wool.
I managed to finish the 1890’s dressing jacket I started this year.
I started and finished a 1920’s dress from cotton lace that I have yet to blog about.
I finished the Folkwear Big Sky Riding Pants I started last year (or was it the year before?)
I made a sample for the Veronica 1940’s Coat pattern.
I nearly finished the 18th century mostly hand sewn stays I started this year. Almost done!
I made a sleep sack for my nephew from a 1930’s pattern.
I nearly finished making a quilt for him from a pattern from Fig Tree Quilts.
I finished a 1910s sweater I started knitting last year. Yay! Wore it in the snow, too, and it kept me nice and warm.
I knit my husband a face mask/hat for his WWI reenacting.
It also looks good on my cat. ;)
I actually finished this 1910s dress I made from a tablecloth but I have yet to take finished photos.
I made a little circle skirt that only needs a button and buttonhole to be finished.
And I made an 1870s evening bodice to wear to the Social Daunce Irregulars Holiday Ball.
I really didn’t think I made this many things this year! It is a pleasant surprise to do the round up and realize I was more productive in my sewing than I thought :) I also sewed some things for Wearing History Clothing that I didn’t include in this list.
Strangely, none of my sewing really excited me very much this year. I suppose my favorite pieces I made this year are the 1910s Egyptian blouse, the 1920s Cruise Dress, and my 1940’s coat sample. I feel the most accomplished by my work on the 18th century stays and the 18th century ensemble for my husband, because those were very challenging for me.
Here’s to 2016! I hope it brings lots of exciting new sewing adventures!