I’m so excited that we reached half of our initial funding goal this afternoon on Kickstarter! YEAH!! I’m blown away by all the support and sharing we’ve gotten in the last couple of days! THANK YOU!!!
I’ve had some questions about what will happen if/when we meet our initial goal, so I’d like to answer that here!
Here’s the skinny on the details:
- The funding goal is to meet actual production costs of the clothes getting made. That means we’ll only get the funds to make the clothing if the full $15,000 goal is met. The initial amount doesn’t include payment for any of my time over the last 6 months, nor does it include any of the funds spent on startup fees, legal fees, sample making, etc.
- Our Kickstarter runs for 30 days, regardless of when we meet our goal. If we meet it sooner, we will have more time to go over the initial goal amount!
– – – WHAT HAPPENS IF WE GO OVER THE INITIAL GOAL? – – –
- EXPAND OUR SIZING- If we go $5,000 or more over the initial goal amount, that means I get a new dress form to expand our sizing. First would be a larger misses’s form, but the more we raise I’d like to add a plus size form, and a men’s form. That means I could do a larger size range of the current sizing, and be working toward plus size women’s clothing AND men’s causal vintage wear for the future! Real fashion dressmaker forms are much more pricey and accurate than “dial” type home sewing forms, so the more money we raise, the more likely that it would be to happen. I know the #1 complaint I’ve heard is about the limited size range, and I’d like to address that need. The only way it will happen is if we raise more funds!
- If we hit DOUBLE THE INITIAL GOAL, that means I can work on the next collection of clothing designs! I will give you a hint of what I want to do in future collections. Vintage women’s jeans. Cut and sewn 30s and 40s sweaters. Vintage inspired comfy knit tops. Casual men’s shirts and jeans. OH MAN. I WANT TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN! But it costs a lot up front to develop!
SO PLEASE DON’T STOP SPREADING THE WORD AND SUPPORTING!!