>Progress on the Corded Petticoat is very good! In fact, it just needs a waistband closure, so I will classify this as finished. Horray!
After looking at research I have determined that I also needed a bustle and while many places note them as having existed, images of them have been few and far between. I was able to find one in Hunniset and a couple in Costume in Detail, so I based mine on the latter which included more detailed illustrations including measurements. For now I have not included the padded crescent at the waistband, though I might decide later to add it. I wanted it a bit more frilly than practical so used eyelet instead of pinked edges.
Here are the images, both from Costume in Detail, 1730-1930 by Nancy Bradfield, pgs 128 & 129. It is an extremely valuable resource and can be purchased here on Amazon. This is what my ambition for underwear will be someday, included silly fluffy backed cap, because I like looking like an asparagus head.
Here is the dress with the petticoat and bustle underneath. The belt has been pinned on and the buckle is an Edwardian pin purchased on eBay. The dress is still un-hemmed and needs closures, but I wanted to finish the underwear first for hem length.
My commuting project lately has been learning to do embroidery. I am currently working on a pereline from this pattern, given to me by a friend. I have found I have little patience for embroidery, so don’t plan on finishing this for quite some while and may be the excuse for why I am not very good at it as of yet.