>Several of you have given me blogger awards over the last few months, and I’ve been just rotten about remembering to post about them! So I wanted to say “thank you”, and since Tia just gave me a “Stylish Blogger”, it reminded me to do a long overdue post
I’m supposed to post seven facts about me. Let’s see… I’m just going to come up with things off the top of my head, since no matter how much thinking I’ve done I can’t think of anything really interesting to say!
1) In college I thought I was a rock star. I loved finding indie bands no one had heard of and being an indie snob. But since I was in fashion school I often combined this love with too-tight distressed jeans, reporposed t shirts, and mahogany hair with thick blonde streaks. Ahh the different phases of my style life.
2) When I sewed my first perforated vintage pattern I thought it was flawed. Darn it, they forgot to put the markings on it! Actually, I don’t think “sewed” is the right word, as I traced it out and then left it to be decoded another day after I figured out what was really going on. I never did get back to it…
3) I am a sewing supplies hoarder. When I find zippers, buttons, hooks and eyes, and other paraphernalia at thrift stores or estate sales on the cheap I’ll pocket them away into my stash whether I need them or not. I get highly irritated when I have to make a trip to the fabric store for supplies!
4) I like comfort. I know if I’m getting dressed up if I don a pair of heels. Most days around here it’s my house slippers (faux uggs), sandals, or keds. The first thing I do when we get in the car after going out is kick off my shoes, and if it’s a late event with a long ride home I’ll often bring a pair of socks or stick my slippers in the car. I feel somewhat dishonest being called stylish! Hehe.
5) I buy most of my clothes at thrift stores or estate sales, and make most of the rest. I very seldom buy new clothing anymore. Although I would like to say it’s because of deep conviction about production issues and waste, it’s mostly because I’ve got a strange idea of thrift when it comes to new clothing. I’d rather spend money of fabric and patterns. But there’s some days I totally wish I could go out and splurge on a brand new wardrobe.
6) I actually do like modern fashion. I know a lot of our vintage compatriots are opposed to it, but I find fashion fascinating, including new fashion. Even if I don’t like a particular trend, I find it really interesting. Clothes say a lot about our society! And I love seeing every different person’s rendition of themselves expressed through what they wear. Fashion is fun.
7) I’m a big dork, with a big dorky sense of humour. I laugh really loud. Jokes everyone else thinks are cheesy crack me up
I’m supposed to pass this award onto seven people, but to be honest it’s way to hard to just pick seven since there’s so many stylish and creative people who are in the blogosphere! So if you’d like to receive it please consider yourself tagged!