Finished Project: 19-teens Egyptomania Blouse

This past Saturday I went with the San Diego Costume Guild to their Downton Abbey themed tea at the Aubrey Rose Tea Room in La Mesa.

I didn’t figure out what I wanted to wear until the night before, so settled on a late teens/early 20s vintage skirt, a vintage hat I had bought at an estate sale last year, and a blouse of some sort.  And then, like the crazy lady I am, I decided to sew a blouse for myself the morning of the event.

11141122_889094934499991_2278192647771914241_n

I had bought this fabric for myself a few months ago from our local quilt shop, Fat Quarters, with the idea to make this exact blouse.  The fabric is from the Downton Abbey collection by Andover.

11053441_889125341163617_13486638237530326_n

I sewed like the wind, and a three or four hours later had a wearable blouse.  I did a quick little waist tie, since I didn’t have time to make the interior casing that the blouse was meant to have.  I’ll go back later and do that properly.

11755235_890001524409332_8067540375882884767_n

I didn’t take any proper photos of the tea, but luckily my husband snapped this selfie of the event (at my request).

But when we got home, we took some proper photos!

Wearing History:  19-teen Egyptomania Blouse
Wearing History:  19-teen Egyptomania Blouse
Wearing History:  19-teen Egyptomania Blouse

Wearing History:  19-teen Egyptomania Blouse

Outfit details:

Jacket:  Original vintage 19-teens (gift from my husband)

Skirt: Original vintage late teens/early 20’s (one of the first vintage things I got as a teenager!)

Blouse: Made by me :)

Purse:  Vintage, thrifted.

Shoes:  American Duchess

More photos of the event can be seen at the Time Traveling in Costume blog

10 Comments on Finished Project: 19-teens Egyptomania Blouse

1. Cindy Piselli
    July 20, 2015 at 7:58 pm (2 years ago)

I was so pleased seeing your blouse in person. It was beautiful! It would have taken me all week to make that blouse, you are so talented :)

2. MrsC (Maryanne
    July 21, 2015 at 3:13 am (2 years ago)

I love the Egyptian Collection and am making a charm quilt from some charm square packs. A few of them, that one included, I would happily wear! You look great!

3. Stephanie
    July 21, 2015 at 6:35 pm (2 years ago)

I know I’ve said this before but I love this blouse! Your whole look is too cute! I think I need to make something from my Downton Abbey Egyptian fabric finally. Just can’t make up my mind on what I want to make.

4. PepperReed
    July 22, 2015 at 3:29 pm (2 years ago)

<3!!! I would wear this every day! Just wonderful style and that blouse fabric is beautiful!

5. lapingrove
    July 22, 2015 at 9:34 pm (2 years ago)

Good work! Really, though you made a blouse so nice for the period and in such a short time. HATS OFF TO YOU!!

6. Gina White
    July 23, 2015 at 4:02 pm (2 years ago)

Gasp and away!! I am so in love with your Egyptian flavored fabric!! What gorgeousness!!! Your jacket is so incredible…How fun for you!!!
    Blessings!
    Gina

7. PinhouseP
    July 24, 2015 at 2:23 am (2 years ago)

You look so stylish :) Wonderful blouse!

8. Lily
    July 27, 2015 at 2:54 pm (2 years ago)

I can’t figure out which I love more- that blouse or the hat!! Needless to say, they’re both wonderful and are tempting me to outright plagiarism….

9. Carla
    July 29, 2015 at 2:50 pm (2 years ago)

Looks like much fun was had! I need to get on with some of the SD costume guild things.
    I absolutely adore the fabric for your blouse!

Carla, TinyAngryCrafts