I’m so excited these are finished!
I was so excited, I did a flapper dance.
And then I had silly time with my boudoir doll!
And then did ridiculous self portraits.
^this is my “I survived the pajamas without going (too) crazy” face!
Seriously, I started today with a super low self confidence. But sometimes pep talks from your best friend and crazy silly dress up time do wonders for morale.
These were a pain in the butt to make, because I was having a bad sewing streak where you’re unmotivated and do dumb things. And I gave myself a pretty nasty iron burn that’s about 6 inches long that’s still healing. But if you want more info, check out my previous post about these with more details.
The Challenge: Innovation (using rayon fabric, pajamas for women, and art deco as influence)
Fabric: Rayon print, and coordinating lightweight rayon twill
Pattern: Butterick 2657
Notions: Two buttons, elastic
How historically accurate is it? Pretty darn close!
Hours to complete: About 6-8ish. But spread out, because I was having C.A.D.D. and didn’t want to work on them.
First worn: Today for photos!
Total cost: I think I paid a pretty penny for the pattern, but I don’t remember how much. The fabric was super cheap- about $9 total.
Those old Butterick patterns are a pain sometimes! I ignored all my best advice for other seamstresses and didn’t mock up and didn’t do flat measurements of the pattern pieces, so these ended up WAY too big! Oh well, they’re just pjs. They’ll be comfy. I also found the illustration kind of deceptive. There were other quirks that come with working with old patterns. But they’re done and wearable! Yay!
I totally want to make all the 1920s things now. I’m addicted.