In 2014- Wearing History goes 1910s-WWI Era

I’m so excited about some of what I have in store for you this year!  I’m gathering things together and prepping patterns to be made into Wearing History Resto-vival patterns from original period source materials.  Here’s a peek at some of which I’ll have in store for you this year, God willing.

There will be a WWI era suit, circa 1916, that could easily transition into ladies uniforms with a little ingenuity.

WEBcoverart

8 Comments on In 2014- Wearing History goes 1910s-WWI Era

1. Corinne
    January 23, 2014 at 7:27 am (4 years ago)

Aren’t you the busy bee! I can’t wait to see the results. The corset cover does indeed remind me of a sweet little summer blouse.

2. Chandra
    January 23, 2014 at 9:53 am (4 years ago)

Do you have a rough timeline when you’ll be publishing these? A group I do living history with is having a centennial event at a WWI military site in August to commemorate the start of WWI and I would love to have the suit made up.

• Lauren
      January 23, 2014 at 10:00 am (4 years ago)

I plan on starting the suit right after the next pattern is finished, which is a 1940’s hat. I’m hoping next week to get started!
      The suit did have some really wonky things done to it, which I noticed when I was prepping the pattern to be made, so part of it is going to be restoring it back to the original shape, which involves some testing in mock up form. I think the lady who originally owned it was very petite, and chopped it off, but the pattern gives original length specifications, so I can put it right back. Since it’s fresh in my mind, I want to get cracking on it first of all of these!

• Chandra
        January 23, 2014 at 10:52 am (4 years ago)

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

3. Bre
    January 23, 2014 at 11:15 am (4 years ago)

Oh my goodness! I want all of them! Especially the suit and blouse.
    Thank you so much for doing this!

4. Abigael
    January 24, 2014 at 6:40 am (4 years ago)

This is so exciting, I love this era! Looking forward to the pattern release.

5. Victoria
    January 26, 2014 at 4:01 pm (4 years ago)

Theses look great! I’m really glad for all the work you do to make these patterns. I haven’t sewed any yet, but I am planning on some in the future.

6. Sharon
    February 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm (3 years ago)