TV403 Bodice Progress

I’m plugging along on this bodice! This is Truly Victorian 403, the new 1872 bodice.

I am crazy and picked a giant plaid, which has made things more difficult than they needed to be.  But I’m pretty happy with it so far!  I am different proportions than my dress form, and the sleeve hangs differently on my body, but you’ll  just have to take my word for it- it fits me better than it does my form.

The sleeves were such a pain! For some reason I always have problems getting the sleeves of Truly Victorian patterns to fit me (though I absolutely adore Heather’s patterns), so I had to alter them significantly.  But also, figuring out the cut of the plaid was difficult. And then there was actually sewing the things! I ended up machine sewing the underarm, then putting it on my dress form and pinning the sleeve to place, then hand sewing the sleeve caps in so I could get the pattern to match up how I wanted it to.

On to the next steps! I’ve got to finish the bodice facings and hem, then on to fastenings!

Share/Bookmark

6 thoughts on “TV403 Bodice Progress”

  1. I LOVE that plaid. Sure, it takes quite a bit of extra effort, but when it looks like that, it has to be worth it!

    I can’t wait to see the finished product – it is going to be spectacular!

  2. I applaud your bravery, for I would never in a billion years try to match up such a large plaid. Especially on a two piece coat sleeve. Anxious to see how this turns out because I want to make this one myself. In a solid.

Comments are closed.