>Spectators, 1942

>Hope you all had a great weekend!  Many thanks on all the kind comments on the new repro pattern :)  Yay!

If there’s one shoe I’ve been after for years, it’s a pair of early 40s spectators.  I wish there was a vintage catalog mail order plant, where I could send away and have a perfectly immaculate and new pair of these shoes delivered right to my doorstep!  Version “S” spells perfection to me!

Do you have a pair of shoes or some other illusive vintage treasure that you’ve been on the hunt for?

9 Comments on >Spectators, 1942

1. Betty Lou
    March 14, 2011 at 8:06 pm (6 years ago)

>Those are on my list to. I have pair of blue & white ones but the brown & white ones are to die for!

2. littlegreythings
    March 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm (6 years ago)

>Oh man, do I ever! I have often wished for the same thing. See a snappy dress or shoes (oh, the shoes) in a catalog, and just send off to the address listed in the contents. And patterns, too! Surely if I send .45 cents to the McCall Pattern Publishing Company of 1929, they will send me back the pattern I have requested… Right?The side effect for me of desiring the nearly impossible is that I have taught myself all sorts of things, so that maybe I can't have the vintage article, but I do my best at making an equivalent. So many of us with an interest in vintage and historical clothing seem so willing to learn whatever it takes to get the look. I like that.p.s. DIG those shoes!

3. Dolly the Bird
    March 15, 2011 at 12:25 am (6 years ago)

>HA!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who has those 'vintage mail order' fantasies!!I was speaking to a friend of my late grandmother the other day and mentioned shoes and how hard it was to get hold of great pre-60s models…especially 20s-40s. She said, 'When we bought shoes back then, my dear, we wore them until the heels fell off and our toes poked through!'

4. Curvy Kitty
    March 16, 2011 at 4:35 am (6 years ago)

>Uh oh… Serious shoe lust!

5. The Dreamstress
    March 18, 2011 at 8:57 am (6 years ago)

>Oooh…There is a whole 'vintage mail order' fan club! Count me in! This style has been in fashion lately, so of course I bought a couple – if I can't have the real item, at least I can have a cute modern take on it!

6. parisjetaime
    March 25, 2011 at 1:50 pm (6 years ago)

>Check out http://www.dancestore.com They are a swing dance shoe provider and have some really close models. I LOVE their shoes!! They are really good quality too.

7. parisjetaime
    April 7, 2011 at 11:40 pm (6 years ago)