>Slacks- First Fashions of the Year- 1942

Aren’t these two pages positively delicious??  These are both from the same catalog from 1942.  In an ideal style land I would dress just like this every single day and wake up with my hair perfectly styled like the gal in the skirt.  I’ll take the spectators too, please!  I can honestly say I think this is my favorite set of catalog images shared so far :)
Doesn’t the outfit with the floral blouse look very similar to the Smooth Sailing pattern
Hope you  had a great weekend!

11 Comments on >Slacks- First Fashions of the Year- 1942

1. iLiveinmyLab
    March 8, 2011 at 2:33 am (6 years ago)

>Ohhh I'd like the red and green outfit please! Both these pages are fantastic!

2. Lauren
    March 8, 2011 at 5:54 am (6 years ago)

>Aah! Miss Emmi, I accidentaly deleted your comment! I'm sorry! I can't retrieve it, so feel free to post again if you want :)

3. Debi
    March 8, 2011 at 7:15 am (6 years ago)

>Love these both! Trousers are wonderful and I would love to have my hair look like that everyday too :-)

4. Paperdoll
    March 8, 2011 at 7:54 am (6 years ago)

>I think the red and green is my faveourite, but I like the skirt too! X

5. Lindsay
    March 8, 2011 at 10:24 am (6 years ago)

>I like the red and green also, and I think the hair of the girl in the skirt is amazing.Thanks for sharing this, Lauren!

6. Tasha
    March 8, 2011 at 7:09 pm (6 years ago)

>I love it! I need to knit faster, I want a sweater just like the woman in the top middle, yellow with the white stripes and everything! To go with some navy Smooth Sailing trousers, though admittedly I'm waiting at least a few months for my sewing skills to build up before buying the pattern and attempting them. :) I even love her shoes. Actually I just love the look of all of these gals, all the way around!

7. FoofandFaff
    March 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm (6 years ago)

>Ooh am loving the slacks, esp the green and red outfit! :)

8. Rosy
    March 10, 2011 at 12:26 pm (6 years ago)

>I'm loving the yellow sweater from the center, it's so bright! All images are beautiful and inspiring.

9. Frankie's Wife
    March 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm (6 years ago)

>Yes, yes…the two piece slacks outfit! I would wear it NOW!

10. Tia
    March 13, 2011 at 5:26 pm (6 years ago)

>The red and green outfit is my favorite, though I do love that yellow sweater, too. :)