>Indiana Jones Summit

>This weekend was the annual Indiana Jones Summit for Club Obi Wan.  What a blast! I love going to this event every year and this year was one of the absolute best!  This event happens every year on the Queen Mary and at Fort MacArthur, which are two of my favorite places to visit.  Friday I taught my first ever class on vintage hair and makeup, which was quite a lot of fun.  I showed the gals a few different ways to do their hair and makeup and brought vintage and modern books to share. (Speaking of which, I heard Lauren Rennells “Vintage Hairstyling” book was amazing, and bought it purposefully to show the gals a good resource they should buy to learn more about doing their hair, and sure thing it did not disappoint! I highly recommend it!).  Along with an awesome adventure scavenger hunt all around Fort MacArthur (in all sorts of interesting dark places, tunnels, and around really cool old military equipment, and all over the hills by the ocean) we had two nice dinners, a fancy brunch buffet, and lots of time having fun with friends.  It was SUCH fun to play games and bring out the kid in all of us.  This year I also brought my mom, who absolutely loved it!
I didn’t get pics of all my outfits, but here’s just a couple to share :)  The rest of my photos from this event are here on flickr.

My sunday morning outfit of a vintage knit dress with tassel belt (I added), white buttons, and a white linen belted back jacket, white felt hat, and white oxfords.

My Saturday adventure outfit of vintage jodhpurs, tall lace up vintage boots, vintage embroidered folk blouse, 1930s pith helmet, and random British military odds and ends.  And an awesome vintage flashlight! Complete with spiderwebs, which we all grabbed to help clean up after our scavenger adventure.

Back to a normal week here! Last week was really crazy- still catching up with things, but I’ll be putting up more vintage patterns up on Etsy this week.
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend, too!

20 Comments on >Indiana Jones Summit

1. Beth
    November 15, 2010 at 6:54 pm (6 years ago)

>How fun! Hope I can make it sometime – it really looks like an adventure! I've got the Vintage Hairstyling book too – I like the techniques section on pincurls etc more than the actual hairstyles, but it's a great resource. She should talk about Hot Sticks in the modern techniques section though! ;)

2. BaronessVonVintage
    November 15, 2010 at 7:04 pm (6 years ago)

>how fantastic! I love that second photo with the flags in the background and of course your lady explorer outfit!!!

3. BaronessVonVintage
    November 15, 2010 at 7:05 pm (6 years ago)

>Love both outfits and love how the flags in the background in the second image work with the colours of your ensemble!!

4. The Cupcake Goddess
    November 15, 2010 at 8:05 pm (6 years ago)

>Oh gosh! How fun! I love that white jacket and those shoes! So fabulous. I wish I had been there to participate in the vintage hair and make-up classes, I'm sure they were just spectacular!

5. Tickety Boo Tupney - A Dash OF Worcester Sauce.
    November 15, 2010 at 8:17 pm (6 years ago)

>Oh my giddy kippers- you look amazing! I especially like the white hat and oxfords and the thought of a knitted dress makes me go all dizzy- it’s on my wish list to knit!…I want to see the Queen Mary too (boo hoo)

6. Lauren
    November 15, 2010 at 9:23 pm (6 years ago)

>You look so cute!!! I adore both outfits.

7. Steph
    November 15, 2010 at 10:13 pm (6 years ago)

>Your posts like this make me want to move to San Diego. Real bad. :) Love the belted back jacket, know where I can get the pattern?

8. Tart Deco™
    November 15, 2010 at 11:30 pm (6 years ago)

>My husband would LOVE this event! I hope we can make it out once I am done with grad school (who knows where I'll end up with a job!)

9. Wearing History
    November 15, 2010 at 11:31 pm (6 years ago)

>Thanks so much, everyone!Steph, I don't know if anyone has a belted back repro pattern. The one I'm wearing is original vintage. I do eventually want to add a small selection of vintage "adventure gear" type patterns to the line- including a belted back jacket and jodhpurs :)

10. Darlene
    November 15, 2010 at 11:42 pm (6 years ago)

>Fantastic, and what a theme. You look so wonderful, and you made me smile which is something of a feat these days…

11. Alicia
    November 15, 2010 at 11:44 pm (6 years ago)

>I live in the San Diego area and was wondering how I could attend your (or any other) vintage makeup & hairstyling classes? I didn't know there were any going on here!

12. quietandsmalladventures
    November 16, 2010 at 3:35 am (6 years ago)

>ooooh i LOVE the adventure outfit!!! on a different note, i linked to you here

13. Steph
    November 16, 2010 at 3:40 am (6 years ago)

>Oh, alright. I haven't found a repro either, I got all excited. Often original jacket patterns cost $$. I guess I could crack into my dressmaking manuals and just draft one.

14. LandGirl1980
    November 16, 2010 at 1:04 pm (6 years ago)

>Looks like a great event :) And you looked divine as always :)

15. casey
    November 17, 2010 at 2:46 am (6 years ago)

>Your first outfit is smashing and oh so elegant–but I really love the second one! Too cute! :)♥ Casey | blog

16. Diane
    November 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm (6 years ago)

>I attended a doll convention two Summers ago on the Queen Mary, it was a blast! I love both of your outfits. As much as I love vintage clothing I have never thought to find or make vintage for myself, only my doll. Now you have me thinking……….

17. Lizabeta
    November 18, 2010 at 1:32 pm (6 years ago)

>I adore your adventure outfit! Sounds like such a fun event – if only I didn't live clear across the country…

18. Wearing History
    November 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm (6 years ago)

>Thanks so much, everyone!Diane, I'd love to see what vintage you would make yourself! It's rather addicting, too- especially when you get into vintage pattern collecting.Alicia, I just did the one class since the friend who was running the event asked me :) I'm not a pro by any means but we had fun! Revamp often will offer vintage hair and makeup classes. Here's a link to their site- maybe shoot them a message and see what classes they have lined up next :)http://www.revampvintage.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=reVamp&Category_Code=Events

19. From Me To You
    November 30, 2010 at 4:50 pm (6 years ago)

>I love your blue and white! so flattering and beautiful!!!