I had a lot of fun choosing fabrics and sewing up my sample this weekend! Today my husband and I borrowed my dad’s camera (did I mention how much I want a new camera? Cause I do…) and we shot sample pictures.
I have to say I’m really pleased with the way this came out :) I made them from a linen/rayon blend I bought on sale at Joann Fabrics, and the blouse fabric was also on sale from the same store. Instead of sewing a belt I used one I already had. The buttons are also new. In fact, everything I used was new except the vintage belt and buckle!
The rest of the photos are up on flickr
I love this pattern, but it really is a bit more complex fitting-wise than the other patterns I’ve made reproductions of so far. For this one especially I recommend sewing a mock up first- the fit of the halter especially can vary person to person when you take into consideration vintage vs modern proportion and bust sizes. The pants are a heck of a lot of fun to wear but I was lazy and didn’t mock up the pants (which I really don’t recommend, I just got lucky) so instead of a lacing on the inside center front I have a small overlap with hooks and eyes since it was a tad too big- but I actually like it just fine this way! I have a feeling I’ll be making many more pairs of these- and I already have plans to make the Smooth Sailing blouse in a yellow and green print to go with the trousers. I think those with the bolero and a button down shirt would be adorable!
This pattern is available for purchase now on my website.
Hope you’re all having a lovely evening!