The “RULES” of this award are that I am to
1) tell you seven things that you don’t already know about me.
2) I am to name seven other blogs to receive this award.
3)I am to leave a comment on each of the blogs I have nominated letting them know that I have given them an award.
4) And lastly, I am to thank the blog that you gave me the award.
Let’s see… seven things you may not know about me…
1) One of my earliest memories of elementary school was my friend Katherine telling a younger student that she and I were really famous fashion designers and we only went to school in between our designing seasons. Poor thing fell for it, too.
2) I was a HUGE tomboy in my late childhood and early teens. I hated dresses, pink, and lace! Go figure that now I love prancing around in dresses and floofiness. I still have a very strong affinity for Tom Sawyer style rafts, fishing, and treehouses.
3) My parents named me after Lauren Bacall. Pretty fashionable namesake, I have to admit!
4) Although I did graduate with a degree in fashion design I considered studying fine art, art history, history, and English literature before settling down into my major. I was accepted into FIDM’s program of Film and TV Costuming (one of only 12 people that year) and decided the program was a waste of my time and dropped out. I have not regretted it- I have found that film and I don’t coincide that well with my few run-ins with it.
5) I started taping and stapling fabric together to make costumes for my cousins and my barbies before I could sew. I started sewing around age 8- my Great Aunt Wanda let me raid some bins of fabric she had in a shed and I still have some of the 40s upholstery fabrics she gave me that time. She tried to teach me to sew with a vintage pattern (probably 60s or 70s), but I didn’t see all the nonsense about notches and grainline. Thank goodness I learned later! My cousin Joanie was responsible for teaching me those rules- she showed me how to hand sew doll clothes! Those were my two earliest teachers.
6) Raiders of the Ark is my all time favorite movie. Indiana Jones is my hero, and I don’t care who knows it! We even played the “Raiders March” as our recessional for our wedding.
7) I’m a pretty devout Christian. The more I learn, the more I want to learn, and I’m thankful I don’t know everything. God is good!
There are SO MANY amazing blogs out there, and it’s really hard to just name seven. I need to make a huge list of blogs that I love someday! For today here’s blogs that I nominate:
1) Ode To Mrs Beeton
2) The Mysterious Life of the Metropolitan Housewife
3) I’ll Take the Snap out of Your Garters
4) Time Traveling in Costume
5) Couture Allure Vintage Fashion
6) The Lady of Portland House
7) Cici Speaks
Many thanks to La Machine à Coudre for nominating me for a Kreativ Blogger award :)